Rural Advancement Development and Human Rights Association (RADHA) is women headed and women focused, committed indigenous organization. RADHA is a non-profit & non-governmental organization working for the protection of rights of Indigenous minorities such as Bheel, Menhwar, Kolhi, Gurgila etc in Sindh Particularly Tharpar Kar, Umar Kot, Mirpur Khas and Sanghar. Human Rights, Education, Health, Safe Drinking Water, Women Empowerment are core functions of the Organization. RADHA is registered under Societies Registration act XXX of 1860. RADHA shall ensure through policy and advocacy benefits of following constitutional rights to the communities.
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination 1965
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights 1966
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights 1966
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989
- The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women 1979
- Non-discrimination (Article 2)The right to life, survival and development (Article 6)
- The right to be heard (Article 12)
A future where humanity respects, protects and celebrates without any discrimination to mankind
Revive the dignity of the indigenous Minority Communities in Pakistan. Thought advocacy, awareness, training literacy enhancement, skill enhancement and religion to other community.
- Increase responsiveness of minority communities through raising voice for protection and promotion of their basic human rights
- Enhance capacity of Minority communities/ groups and Forums to address the issues of their human rights violation.
- Advocacy and lobbying with CSOs and Government for provision of Basic Services such as Education , Health, Shelter and Livelihood to Minority Communities
- Increase opportunities of social safety nets for vulnerable groups, with special focus on women, children, minorities and laborers;
- Documenting and reporting incidence of discrimination, violence with minorities through media and Human Right Forums
- Close Coalition of Existing Human Rights Forums such as REAT, HRSP
- Close Coordination with minority organizations working in Pakistan
- Close Coordination with CSOs in Pakistan
- Sharing Information with Rule of Law agencies in context of protection of Human Rights
- Linkages with Government agencies such as Health, Education and Water and Sanitation etc for basic services for Minority Communities
- Tracking budget in context of allocation and expenditure for Minority Dominant villages
- Interfaith Dialogue among the communities to promote peace and harmony
RADHA is an NGO governed by its Board of Directors comprising over 06 members. RADHA Directors meet every quarter to review the organizational performance against vision, mission and goal. Directors endorse the decisions and initiatives taken by Management Committee (MC). MC meets every month and keep a bird eye on RADHA’s performances.
President of RADHA maintains close liaison with MC and responsible to update MC and program performance and results. President is also responsible to develop linkages at grassroots level with communities and at state level with Government Line Departments and other national and international NGOs in line with opening of new gates to benefit marginalized peoples. President directly manages two organizational units.
- Radha Bheel (President)
- Jairam (Vice- President)
- Kanji Mal (General Secretary)
- Suneeta (Finance Secretary)
- Kanwal Devi (Information Secretary)
- Shahzado Malik (Member)
- Leena (Member)
[table “6” not found /]
Enthusiasm and innovation
We are passionate about our vision, looking for ground breaking solutions, being adaptable and creative. Our activities are informed by independence, clarity of thought and direction to achieve our goals.
Courage and determination
We don’t underestimate the difficulties involved; we may take risks but they are managed,
Intelligent risks. We may be a small group but we are tenacious and will not give up because a situation is difficult
Inclusive and supportive
We know if we achieve success then it is with the support and help of many people. We therefore celebrate and embrace the differences and potential of everyone. We seek to share our knowledge and skills and make them easily accessible and relevant.
Though RADHA s’ leadership have decades experience but RADHA as an organization is at infancy stage so we need support in Institutional building, Capacity building of the team and active support in linkages building as a synergy. RADHA being based in grassroots shall be more than happy to share information and partner in Innovative projects for minority communities. Following are development plans of the RADHA for next three yeras
- Institutional development through setting a small set up at Mirpur Khas having a staff of five members
- Having a call centre to report Human Rights Violation with minorities
- Having a Facilitation Centre at Office with the purpose to facilitate minority communities in ID cards, Provision of basic facilities and sharing scholarship opportunities to minority children
- Capacity building of Minority Groups/ Forums/ Communities to raise their voice
- Urgent Action Fund for managing emergency situation with minorities such as conflict/ force marriages/ forced evacuation of land/ forced evacuation of village
- Funds for Minority Youth rehabilitation as most of the youth are addict of alcohol